Sunday, February 17, 2008

Poor little CJ :(

As you all know, things with CJ have been kind of crazy. Last week he was home most of the week, not feeling well at all. Phil and I took turns taking work off and taking care of him. He finally seemed to be better Thursday afternoon and then was yucky again Friday morning. Anyways, Phil took him to the doctor again on Friday and the poor little guy had yet another ear infection in his right ear, and the doctor said it looked really painful. So they gave him a shot of a really strong antibiotic and then I took him again on Saturday morning where he had another shot of the strong antibiotic and gave me another prescription for an oral antibiotic to follow up with. He has a follow up with the doctor on Thursday, but they assure me that this medication should take care of it and knock it all out. They also want me to call an ENT and get him an appt. within the next few weeks just to make sure that he does not need tubes or anything since he has had so many ear infections. He said that it is not an emergency thing or anything, he just wants him to be seen in the next few weeks just in case. But they assure me over and over again that this time it should work so we shall see. The poor little guy was so miserable last week and not sleeping well at all, so we were not either. He was just lying around for a couple of days there. Then Friday night he passed out at about 8 pm and slept until 6:30 am which was AWESOME!!! The shot helped him sleep better right away. Phil and I were so tired, we were in bed at about 8:45 that night. And then Saturday after having the second shot, he felt much better. It was evident right away. He was playing and talking and acting much more like himself again. And then last night we all went to bed early again and he slept until almost 7 today, good stuff!! And today was even better than yesterday. He was really acting like the sweet little happy guy we know and love!!! He was playing and talking and babbling and being his little crazy self. And besides a very low grade fever this morning, he has had no fever all day long. So I am trying not to get my hopes up, because it seems like every time we think he is better we get another call from daycare or he gets another fever. But I really really hope that this medication will do the trick. The doctors assured me that it will and he certainly seems to be feeling much much better already so keep your fingers crossed. Apparently, sickness has been really bad this year. When Phil went to pick up CJ from daycare on Friday, there were only 2 other little kids there out of 9 kids. All the other kids were home sick, with various things, including one kid who has pneumonia. His teacher Erin said that this year has been particularly bad with sickness and the kids not feeling well so it has been rough. She said that one little girl got sent home with a 102 fever and her mom tried to bring her in the next day and they had to send her home again. But she also said that they were going to bleach everything over the weekend. They can't do it while the kids are there of course, so they were planning to bleach everything over the weekend which is a good thing. As for tomorrow, I have the day off, but Phil has to work. And CJ's daycare is actually open. Originally I was going to have Phil take CJ to daycare and have a day to myself. But since he has been so sick and feeling so yucky, I am going to keep him home with me. Honestly, I think he could probably go tomorrow. He has no fever and seems to be feeling great. But I figured one more day of R & R and being with Mommy couldn't hurt. Since I have the day off already, I might as well keep him home with me one more day. And then if he keeps doing so well, he will go back on Tuesday. Again, keep your fingers crossed for us!!! The only plus of all this stress is that I have lost about 8 pounds, but I would much rather have my little man healthy than lose weight. It is hard on us too cuz you just feel so bad for the poor little guy and he doesn't understand. Poor little sweetheart. I hope he is really better now.

2 comments:

The Three of Us said...

Oh, I hope CJ continues on his road to recovery!!
Poor little guy! I can't immagine how hard that must be on everyone.
I have to have my sleep!
I don't know what I will do when Addie gets sick for the first time....
Well, actually I will probably take her to my mom!
Everyone has been sick down here too.
I am a very overprotective mom. I usually take Addie out to visit and to the gym daycare but for the past 2 weeks I have been trying to keep her at home.. there has been a virus going around and now there's the flu! So we aren't getting out too much.
I did take her out for Valentines Day.
One of my friends teaches 1st grade, we usually go for the parties, since I worked there the kids still know me.
Addie likes seeing all of the kids.

Well I look foreard to hearing how CJ's first day back is.
I'm really gglad they were cleaning all the toys the same weekend CJ got his shots of meds. :)
Give CJ a little kiss from Addie!!

Mommy's World said...

Thanks Molly!!! You are so sweet!!! This has been quite the ordeal and rough for all of us, especially CJ, but for us too. It is so hard to see your little one so miserable. I was so spoiled cuz CJ was NEVER sick his whole first year!!! I think he had a runny nose once and that was it. He was always in perfect health, we never went to the doctor besides his routine check ups. And then as soon as he started daycare, it seems like its been one thing after another and I have his pediatrician memorized. I just feel so bad for him cuz he just doesn't understand. In a lot of ways, I wish I could still be home with him. I know he is enjoying himself at daycare and learnign a lot and socializing, when he goes that is, but sometimes I still wish it was just me and him at home. Anyways, I don't blame you for being overprotective. Things are going around like crazy, at least up here. It seems like little kids have been getting sick left and right. Thanks for checking on us and you give Addie a little kiss back from CJ!!! Miss you Molly and Love you tons!!! :)