Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Germ Land or Daycare

So it seems like ever since CJ started daycare, he is never completely healthy. There is always something going on. He has had two ear infections, a cold and chest congestion. Now we are down to one ear infection and a cough and sniffle. We have been to the doctor twice and have another appt. and he is taking lots of meds. And I have already missed 2 days of work. :P The year that he was home with me we never went to the doctor except for scheduled appts. He had one sniffle and that was it. He was the healthiest baby EVER!! I know that this is just part of his adjustment to daycare. Everyone keeps telling me this is totally normal. The teachers, doctors, other parents, etc. And I know it is. They keep telling me it is perfectly normal for kids to get sick when they start daycare. That they are not used to the germs yet and that their immunities will build up. And all of this makes sense and I know it is all true. But I still feel bad for him. I hate it when CJ is sick!! He just doesn't understand what is going on and I want to make him feel better so much. Poor little guy. I am ready for this adjustment period of sickness to be over now. I want him to be well all the time. Maybe once the weather gets warmer. Bring on the spring!!!

However, even though CJ has been sick at different degrees since he started daycare, other than that he is adjusting very well. :) The teachers love him, esp. one in particular who runs in as soon as she sees him to greet him. He is always happy when I come to pick him up and it is fun to see what he is doing. Some of the other little kids pat him on the head and get excited when they see him. And one little boy was in the hall the other day and when he saw him, started yelling Che J!! Che J!! It was pretty cute. And yesterday when I came to pick him, he and another little boy were looking in a mirror together and they were both carrying toys. I am not quite sure what they were doing, but they were obviously playing some sort of game. It was very cute to watch. And he has been in good spirits for the most part and earning smiley faces every day. Still bring on the spring!!!

Speaking of spring, I have come to the conclusion that we Vogts should move somewhere warmer. Okay, CJ did not really bring me to this conclusion. I have always kind of felt this way. I love my life, I really do, but I would love to do something different. I have lived in the general DC/Baltimore area my whole life and I would love to live somewhere different at least once in my life. And down south is a definitely possibility for us in the future. Realistically, it probably wont be for a long time, until the kid or kids get older and we are looking to move somewhere new. But sometimes I just want to go now. Most of the time, I am happy and content and love where I live and the distance we are from our families is really nice esp. with CJ so they can be with him and spend time with him and baby-sit. I must live somewhere else sometime in my life. I just must. ;) This area is nice, but very high pressure and fast paced. Well not so much where I live, but just the DC/Baltimore area in general you know. I would love to live where the weather is warmer, the houses are less expensive and the people are nicer. Ever since I started visiting my family in SC when I was little I have thought it would be neat to live in one of the Carolinas or somewhere down south. This is something that probably wont happen for a long time. Phil says now is not the time and this is a long term goal we should work towards. Realistically and logically I know he is right. Sometimes I just get the moving bug and I have it right now. But I will get over it, I always do, at least for a little while. ;)

5 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

I want to move to Colorado. Like...yesterday.

Tell little JT that his auntie hopes he feels better!

Mommy's World said...

Awww thanks I will pass it on. He is mostly good now, just a little icky, but having fun at daycare. I am so ready to move somewhere new. Alas alack, I think all 4 grandparents might have a heart attack if we left. Or follow us. :P

Deals On Wheels said...

So...you're never going to link your blog to mine are you?

Mommy's World said...

Hehehe. I told you I don't know how to do it. I am glad you comment on my blog though cuz otherwise I would hardly have any comments. And I always love hearing from my Deals!!! :) Okay I am going to try to figure the linking thing out.

Deals On Wheels said...

YEY!