Saturday, February 9, 2008

Getting Back in Touch

So yesterday, I got a little bit of a surprise. An old friend that I have not talked to in forever found me on myspace!!! I am going to call her M for privacy's sake. Anyways, M was one of my very best friends my junior year of high school and sadly as often happens we fell out of touch. It's kind of a long story. I still remember the night we first became friends. We went to boarding school together and I had to hold the door open for her in our dorm so that she could sneak a cigarette. I am such a rebel. ;) I remember feeling so cool that she wanted to hang out with me and that I got to be the one to help her sneak around. Hehehe!!! Anyways, turns out not only was she really cool and pretty, but a great friend. So for most of the rest of that year, we were pretty much inseparable. She came home with me a few weekends and we even discussed me going down to visit her, which never happened. Anyways, things got kind of crazy at the end of the year, we lost our friendship for awhile, got it back just in time to say goodbye, stayed in touch for a little while and then unfortunately lost touch again. M was one of those friends I always wondered about and thought about over the years. I always wished we could have stayed friends and thought about her whenever I drove past the exits to her town. Anyways, to my great surprise yesterday I got a message and a friend request from her on myspace!! How awesome!!! And even better than that, she is doing GREAT!!! She has a wonderful life. Seems like she and I have in some ways headed down the same path. We both got married and have beautiful children. I have a boy and she has a girl and in fact CJ is only about 6 months older than her little girl. A future friendship for them perhaps? We were even both pregnant at the same time for a little while. Anyways, she still lives down south so it is not like we will be able to hang all the time. But it is just so nice to be back in touch again. I am hoping we will stay in touch this time, through e-mail, myspace, the phone, maybe even get to visit each other sometime and introduce our kids to each other. And with wanting to move to the south someday, we would have a friend not too far away perhaps? M, thanks for getting back in touch with me!!! It really made me so happy to hear from you and I am thrilled to hear how well your life is going. I hope to hear from you soon. It is just so cool when life throws you these little surprises. :)

2 comments:

The Three of Us said...

Hilary -
You are too nice, I am sure we will stay in touch forever now. Oldfields was one of the hardest years of my life. You and your family made me feel much better, yall made me feel at home when I came to your house.
I think tit is really cool that we were pregnant with CJ and Addie part of the same time. I am sure they will become great friends..

I have had a crazy weekend, my first cousin's wife Julie died from an aweful type of brain cancer. She was 29 they have a daughter Caroline who is two and a half. We found out about Julie's cancer a year ago last Thanksgiving. My cousin Denton spoke at Julie's funeral. I don't know how he did it. It was the MOST heart wrenching experience of my life.

I want you to know what a good friend you have been to me in the past and I am glad we found each other again!

Mommy's World said...

Awwww I am sorry to hear about your weekend. That is sooooooooooo sad. Wow, only 29 and a beautiful little girl too. I am so so so sorry to hear about your loss and about your rough weekend. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. I know I live far away, but I am here if you need anything.

I hope we do stay in touch forever now. I am glad that my family and I were able to be there for you and help at least somewhat. I can not wait to see you again and to meet your family and for CJ and Addie to meet. I think it would be so cool if they did become friends. Thank you for being such a good friend as well and for finding me again after all this time!! It was definitely a wonderful surprise!! I hope that we will be able to keep in touch, talk often and maybe even get together sometime soon.

Again I am sooo sorry for your loss and for your sad weekend. Please call me if you need me!! Love ya!!