Friday, March 28, 2008

Babbling....

It occurs to me that I have not updated on here for awhile. CJ has been doing really well. Playing and talking and laughing and having a good old time. He had an ENT appt. on Tuesday. Phil took CJ to see Dr. Weiss, his ENT and the ENT who performed his surgery. Dr. Weiss said that CJ's ears look wonderful right now. He said they look awesome on the inside and the back where they did the surgery looks wonderful as well. He said that the only concern that they always have in a situation like this is that they did not get all the infection out. He says that with the tube surgery and the surgery for the mastoiditis that they drained out as much as they could and that hopefully they got everything, but that there is always that chance that they didn't. But he was very positive about things right now, he said that his ears look great and that there is no inflammation or infection right now so hopefully it will continue that way. He still has his tubes so everything should hopefully stay healthy and uninfected. He has another follow up in two months on May 20th at 9 am. Dr. Weiss said if we notice any drainage before then to call him and get him in right away. He said if we notice any puss or wet looking ear wax or anything like that to call right away and get him in, but as long as everything continues to go well than bring him in 2 months for a follow up. So let's all hope and wish and pray and all that good stuff that everything will continue the way it has been and everything will continue to go well and hopefully he will not have to go back to the ENT until May.

So he has been doing really well. But since our lives are never boring, he now has a cough and a runny nose. He seems to be doing okay otherwise. He does not have a fever, and he is still playing and eating and laughing and stuff. I guess he was a little cranky yesterday at daycare, but alas. But Tuesday night he was up for awhile coughing so I called the doctor a few days ago and they called in a prescription for the cough and congestion. It seems to have helped in that he is coughing less and it is not keeping him up at night anymore. But this morning his nose was all congested and his coughs sounded a little more congested. So he is going to see the pediatrician this afternoon. I swear he never used to go to the doctor, but now it seems like we are always going. I am hoping that it is a just a little cold or something. This poor baby!!! I know that in the grand scheme of things a cough is not a big deal. But after all he has been through, this poor little boy deserves a break. He just does. It's just not fair that such a sweet little guy has to keep getting sick like this. It just makes me want to cry, which I do sometimes. It does not help that I have had no time to myself in a long time. I have not seen friends or done anything social in ages. I usually don't mind. I love spending time with my family and being with CJ. But I think it is only human to need a break now and then to keep myself sane if nothing else. Anyways, I really really hope that this is just something little that can be fixed easily. It seems that way, but I have been fooled before. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!

Anyways, other than that I am just trying to think of all I have to look forward to. Tim and Laura coming over this weekend, whatever Phil has planned for my 30th birthday, going to the Carolina's this summer with boys, getting to see Molly and meet her family in NC and taking CJ to the beach in SC and seeing the family. Hopefully, maybe a couple other little trips here and there or some other little mini-breaks. I have to figure out when to see Deals, she has no choice in the matter. ;) Anyways, I have a great life and a lot of wonderful things going for me. I guess I am just a little over tired right now. I just want my CJ to be 100 % healthy for awhile, why is that so much to ask? No coughs, no colds, no ear infections, just a healthy baby...Sigh....I tell you, I used to always say I wanted two kids, but now I am starting to think I might just one. I LOVE CJ more than anything in the whole world, but he is so sweet and perfect and I still spend all my time worrying about him, so I am not sure if I want another one. I probably will want another one someday. I am certainly not ready yet. I am just overwhelmed that's all.

Anyways, this is a big babbly mess that makes no sense at all. I will let you guys know how the doctors appt. goes. Have a good weekend!!!

No comments: